INGREDIENTS FOR PASTA:
- 1/2 a box of whole grain pasta in any shape you like
- 2 chicken breasts (or whatever other parts you have)
- 1 medium onion (usually we use red, but we had a bunch of white ones this time)
- 1/2-1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes depending on how much you like tomatoes
- 2-3 cups of baby spinach packed
- Parmesean cheese to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Crazy Jane's Mixed Up Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- Salt & Pepper
INGREDIENTS FOR FRESCA SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of white wine (I usually use chardonnay or resling)
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (I know it seems like a lot, but garlic is awesome so just do it)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- On a plate, spread out the flour and add the Crazy Jane's, salt, and pepper to the flour. Mix thoroughly
- Cover the chicken parts in the flour mixture and put in a lightly greased pan to bake
- Once oven is preheated, put chicken into the oven and bake for 45 minutes (chicken should be at 165° when it is fully cooked)
- Start prepping the veggies--cut the tomatoes in half, and chop the onions into large pieces
- Make the fresca sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisking together. Don't worry because they won't be completely emulsified.
- It doesn't take long to cook the rest of the stuff for this meal, so you can take your time after this.
- Fill a large pot with water and put it on the stove to make it boil. For me, getting a large pot of water to boil takes forever. So you can relax while that's happening.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook for about 7 minutes
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside
- Once the chicken only has about 15 minutes left on it, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil.
- Add the onions and cook until just about clear (5ish minutes)
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes
- Add the pasta, spinach, and fresca sauce and cook until spinach is limp. About this time, the chicken is done.
- Plate up your pasta and top with chicken. Grate parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!
This makes about 4 meals and I usually split my chicken breasts in half so I have enough for leftovers
Pin It Now!