I got a new camera for Christmas and needed to break it in...but I didn't know what I wanted to make. After a LOT of time on pinterest the past week, I was finally inspired to make up something new.
I love a good eggless chocolate chip cookie dough recipe for snacking purposes, but you never see any for peanut butter cookie dough. Since I have a very passionate love affair with peanut butter (especially when covered with chocolate), I decided to whip something up and see how it turned out. Aaaaaaand it was lovely. I totally dig the whole, I'm going to walk by the fridge and snag a truffle without needing a spoon thing.
(Eggless) Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles
Inspired by: these
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cups of packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 16 oz of bittersweet chocolate
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, and peanut butter until smooth
- Add in the flour and mix until combined
- Mix in the milk and vanilla, and beat until dough has formed
- Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes, while you melt the chocolate
- Cut up the chocolate and place into a medium saucepan
- Melt chocolate over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, making sure not to burn the chocolate
- Once chocolate is melted, scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough, and roll into balls
- Dip the dough balls in chocolate, and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Refrigerate dough balls for 1-2 hours and enjoy!
Pin It Now!