Everyone who knows me knows that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. So much so, that I served breakfast for dinner at my wedding.
However, sometimes I need something faster and lighter than biscuits and gravy of eggies in a basket. My morning routine usually starts with coffee and a workout, and this smoothie is the perfect post-workout meal. Berries and honey for the burst of sugar, greek yogurt for the protein to keep you full until lunch time. The green tea has zero calories and gives you an extra little burst of caffeine.
Green Tea Power Smoothie
- 1 large banana
- 1½ cups of frozen mixed berries (I use strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, & blueberries)
- ½ - ¾ of a cup of plain non-fat Greek yogurt (I prefer Chobani)
- 2+ tablespoons of honey, to taste
- ¼ - ½ of a cup of cold green tea (adjusted to desired thickness)
- Break up the banana into 4-5 pieces and put in the blender
- Add berries on top of banana
- Layer on the Greek yogurt
- Drizzle honey all over the top
- Add green tea (I prefer to add half and mix it up to see how thick it is before I add more. I like my smoothies really thick)
- Blend well, pushing the berries down as necessary
Pin It Now!