These are awesome. They don't have preservatives, they're yummy, and if you store them properly, they last for weeks.
My coworkers wonder about me when I bust out my "brownie bites" and put them all over my salad...But I just let them wonder. Aside from on salads, I thoroughly enjoy eating these like normal people eat chips, because I'm weird like that. Whatever. Make them.
- One loaf of Pumpernickel rye bread
- ½ of a cup of extra virgin olive oil (plus extra)
- Dried Basil
- Crazy Jane’s Mixed Up Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F & line a cookie sheet with foil
- Slice the loaf of bread into half inch slices
- Cut each slice of bread into half inch strips
- Cut up the strips of bread into little cubes
- Spread croutons evenly onto the cookie sheet, making sure they aren’t too crowded
- Douse the croutons in olive oil so that each cube is completely covered
- Sprinkle herbs and spices over the croutons to taste, mixing with your hands when finished
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (until crunchy)
- Let cool on a cooling rack lined with parchment paper
- Enjoy on a salad or as a snack, & store in an airtight container!